Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a blog is born

I decided (like twelve different times) that I should start a blog. Then I wondered what to blog about that anyone other than me or my mom would actually read.

Subsequently I got distracted by the Scrabble app on my new phone and the current “Scrabble War”, if you will, with my husband. (who by the way is winning even though I’ve decided this is “just for fun” and we won’t be keeping score, that is unless I start winning). I mean really HAT RED who thinks that is a word? Nice one husband.

I’ve mentioned casually over the past year that I needed a new cell phone and the new EVO coming out certainly didn’t help my cause. After a year of filing grievances with the complaint department i.e. whining to my husband I am now the proud new owner of an EVO. Apparently with that comes the responsibility of getting spanked at Scrabble by your husband.

Who really gets 69 points for “ZEST”?

So while sitting at my desk wracking my brain for a four letter word containing both Z and V it occurred to me that this might be something entertaining and I might receive suggestions for imaginary words in made up languages including the most difficult letters possible while ignoring the fact that when you do read this my current Scrabble dilemma will be long over.

The good thing about the apparent lack of talent in the virtual Scrabble world is that it did help me “kick start” the blog. At least I’m kicking something today while my husband and Scrabble are kicking me…

3 comments:

  1. Sorry i had to do it as anonymous becase I could't figure out how to add my name?*?*?*?*

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Success!!!! I figured it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I did it!!!! I am a follower. LOL

    ReplyDelete