Thursday, July 28, 2011

tomato is a good color for me

During the summer months in Texas (and we have 11 months of summer) when it is 100+ degrees I feel the ridiculous need to be outside in the heat. Typically I try to be near large amounts of water, ignoring the fact that I can’t swim. I can happily report that I am still tan from my fake bake before my nuptial visit to Las Vegas earlier in the year so I abstain from sunscreen. Generally I also wear make up any time I set foot outside my home so that small children are not afraid, but this past weekend I thought I’d throw caution to the wind and save the last of the make up I’m trying to hoard and bare my pasty white face at the pool.

For 3 hours.

I sure was in the cool water ignorantly splashing around with my husband and step son unbeknownst to me the pain that would soon be mine.

It wasn’t until that evening when I looked in the mirror did I realize. However, I should have been tipped off by the crazy looks I got during the quick run to the grocery store after the pool.

Three days later, when I can safely touch my face without pain and finally apply make up in attempts to cover my “facial dandruff” as I have thoughtfully named it. The lesson here is that when living in Texas one should avoid all public appearances for a minimum of one week following a massive facial burn with the intention of avoiding cruel and unfortunate ridicule.

I honestly didn’t know, dang ya’ll.

No comments:

Post a Comment