Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the clothing drought

Yesterday I was off work so I thought I would make my husband feel sorry for me clean the closet out and get rid of those emergency clothes that I’ll never actually wear. My side of the closet (made for people with copious amounts of clothing) is already bare to begin with. I went through and pulled out all of the things that are too big. Because I will obviously never let myself get back to that size and if I do the reward for that painful moment will be a new wardrobe. Then I pulled out things I’ll never wear again. While pulling those items I wondered what possessed me to even purchase them in the first place. Apparently my vision was sick those days.

So I had a pile on the ironing board that ended up on the floor and I stood sadly looking at the bare closet.

Then it hit me.

I grabbed the phone, snapped a picture and sent it to husband so he could grieve with me. This wasn’t right. Women should not experience this pain.

Then he said magic words.
 
You can go shopping.

I love husband.

So I went. For hours. And found like three things. How is it that when you have no money and are just casually walking around burning excess calories you find everything you realize you’ve always needed? But throw some ready to be spent cash in and there is a drought in the shopping world.

Needless to say I’m excited about my three things and wore one to work today. Someone even asked if it was new. “Oh this old thing? Naw I’ve had it…”

I described this amazing sale I found to the husband yesterday. He suggested we go tonight and look for some pants for him. I imagine it going something like this “What size pants are you looking for husband? I’ll just be over here in the woman’s section making sure they weren’t accidently misplaced” in my attempt to score more clothes.

He also suggested we go to dinner afterwards.

Potential new clothes (again) and Chinese buffet?

Best. Husband. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Shopping. For hours. And you couldn't get one little giant metal chicken for your dear, dear friend? Unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete