Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ignorance is bliss

Husband finally took the chupacabra to the vet Friday. I was supposed to take her, but of course something came up I had to do at the exact time I was supposed to take her. And the next option for an appointment time was late afternoon and the vet is downtown Austin. On a Friday. No thank you traffic.

So he went. With specific instructions on what she needed, didn’t need and questions I had.

She came home sick, with an extra injection and several medical problems. Husband might be fired from vet trips. Which I’m sure is fine by him.

She wound up with some bonus shot (that cost us) for in the event she’s exposed to wildlife. Um she’s basically a cat that stays inside and we live in a subdivision. Glad she got that shot.

She also has the worst stage of periodontal disease and receding gum lines. How exciting I’m a terrible dog owner apparently. They also sent an illustration to show me just how bad it is. Thank you for that.

They quoted us a 561$ teeth cleaning, but before she needs to have 100$ of blood work since she’s geriatric to make sure it’s ok to put her to sleep. Awesome.

Then the best part. She has a heart murmur. This could be indicative of impending heart failure or bacteria from her nasty mouth messing up her organs. He gave husband a card to refer us to a dog cardiologist for an echo. I didn’t even realize this was an option for dogs!

So now I’m sad.

Also, she’s not going blind. The actual reason I wanted her to go to the vet in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment