Wednesday, August 3, 2011

who even likes Scrabble anyways

Since I’ve gotten my new cell phone my husband (as before mentioned) has continued to kick my butt in Scrabble. Which is devastating to me since I’ve taken pride in my excellent English related skills and was always an advanced student in that (one) area. And now he’s taken it away from me. Typical.

Usually when one of us takes our turn we have to send a text message to let the other know that it’s their turn. Until recently the phone started sending a notification. That’s thoughtful, cuts out a lot of work for me.

Then it really outdid it self. I was feeling particularly pleased because during our most recent game I was ahead the whole time. Until the end when he made some lame word and got 6 million points. During my fit throwing defeat where I was accusing him of taking my one great quality away the phone decided to alert me. To let me know that I had lost. Thank you. I wasn’t aware.

He also spoke the worst words ever during the defeat: “I will let you win next time”. Excuse me husband? Have we met? I cannot accept a pity win. Now I don’t even think we can play anymore because in the off chance I ever win I won’t even know if I can legitimately walk around for a week rubbing it in.

So now I’m not too sure about my new cool phone. It’s created self esteem issues for me. The husband is already a professional ironer now Scrabble? I might need to look into therapy to deal with this. I wonder if there is an app for that…

1 comment:

  1. I've read 2 of your 7 post so far and I gotta say.....I'm a fan! You've contributed to my daily work ineffectiveness. Thank you and keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete