Wednesday, August 10, 2011

packagers need not apply...I've got this!

We bought a pool for the backyard. Half for me and half for my step son. Fifty dollars at Academy and according to the box “easy set up” so I figured in no time I’d be swimming! I also purchased an awesome blue flotation raft for my pop up pool.

We came home and I supervised the husband as he fought the wind to set up the pool. 5 hours later it was successfully filling up while we ignored the fact that we are on water restrictions thanks to our drought.

Being the cautious person I am I suggested we (him) make our back yard ghetto and build a chicken wire fence around the pool to keep his monster dogs out. Great idea! 

Until the next morning.

I was off work for the day so I planned the entire day to do nothing (typical) and sun bathe before the step son got here and peed in my pool.

I applied tanning lotion, grabbed the awesome raft and headed outside. To see his big overweight lab struggling to get out of the half deflated pool.

After a few phone calls to the husband involving special words and spending my entire day draining the rest of the pool, washing it and trying to make it fit back in the box I exchanged it because there was a hole in it.

They didn’t ask what caused the hole.

I do however have a new respect for the people that package pools in the tiny little boxes. Because I don’t see how a human managed to ever get that in the box.

3 comments:

  1. Funny.....I just returned one last week b/c of a mysterious "hole" found after purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Texas girls!! Love your blog too! There should be a button on the right hand side of my blog that says, "join this site" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL:) That's funny..i've done the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete